Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's raining ... it's snowing!


Rain may be common in many parts of the country, but not in the Imperial Desert Valley. We had less than one inch of rain last year.
When I moved here from Tampa Florida almost eight years ago, I missed the rain! In Tampa, it seemed to rain everyday! It was green, tropical and usually wet. Here it is almost always dry, hot, terribly hot and even unbearably hot! Like 110 degrees and sometimes 118 or 120 degrees.

I remember the day I arrived in the valley. It was 110 degrees and I wondered how I would survive. I could hardly catch my breath, literally. As I looked around, I could see heat waves rising from the brown, lifeless desert dirt. Oh golly, what have I done? To make a long story shorter...I asked God to give me a love for the desert. I asked Him to give me eyes to see the beauty of the mountain range, the desert brown dirt and to please help me tolerate the high temperatures.

Well, I am still here and I am so happy. I love the desert. I love to view the mountain range as I drive through the farmland. It is so green when the crops are growing. I get the best of both climates. God is good! He can change your heart, your perspective and your attitude. Just ask!


Today it is raining in the Imperial Desert Valley!

And yes, it is snowing here in the desert too...so to speak. Actually the snowflakes are in my kitchen. My wonderful 91 year old cousin who lives in Tennessee is engaged in a new hobby. Origami snowflakes. She sent me three snowflakes to hang in my kitchen. They are amazing, just like she is.

Enjoy your day... rain or shine or even snow!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Blog - I can relate to it. I'm going to try the vinegar and then for my 80th birthday I am going to work really hard at losing weight - My dream is to look like Betty Grable and celebrate by tap dancing on the table. I loved her musicals and all the time I was growing up I pictured myself as her. No one has ever said I am not weird!!!!!

    Hugs and Blessings.......Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot - I have time to look like Betty as I will not be 80 until November.........so.........watch my dust !!!!!!!........Pauline

    ReplyDelete