Monday, February 1, 2010

Vinegar works like a diet pill!


Yesterday I launched my blog! I have been working on it for a month but the fog lifted and I got started. I read the book BLOGWILD! by Andy Wibbels over the weekend and the best advice for me in the book was "get started" and don't worry if everything is perfect. Well, perfect or not, I am ready to write.


I am so happy to be on a diet and sticking to it. I am losing weight and I am definitely eating healthier. I feel better and I look better in my clothes. Yesterday at church a friend looked at me and said, "Wow! We are seeing less and less of you!" :)


Here is a great tip I read in" Woman's World" magazine. Vinegar! Drink 2 tablespoons of vinegar in three or four ounces of water everyday. Works like a charm! In a study conducted by a team of Japanese scientist, they found that people who skipped dieting but simply took 2 tablespoons of vinegar daily lost five times more weight than the vinegar-free group. Impressive! Any variety of vinegar will do as long as it has 5% acidity. So you can use apple cider (I do), red wine, balsamic or white vinegar.

But there is more...Arizona State research found that those who took 1 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar a day automatically eat 200 fewer calories later in the day.

A Swedish study found when we consume extra vinegar, we actually produce less of the hormone insulin. Excess insulin makes it harder to burn fat and easier to store it. Another reason to use vinegar on your salads and down a couple of tablespoons a day.

Thanks for stopping by...bottoms up!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found your blog through Pauline (she is such a sweetheart! Love her!!!) and thought I'd pop in and say hello. Congratulations on your new blog!

    I wonder if this vinegar thing really works. Sounds difficult to do to me.
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, thank you so much for stopping by! We are both blessed to have Pauline as a friend. She is so special!

    I believe the vinegar does work. I drink 2 tablespoons each morning in a small glass of water and I have been losing weight each week.
    You can put it on your salad instead if you prefer; I often do both.

    Come back soon!
    Van

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about the vinegar on Mercola.com. To make the vinegar more palatable, he suggested using the vinegar on a salad.

    BTW, 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon helps sugar metabolize in the system. Great for diabetics or pre-diabetics!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete